Archive | April 2013

Monday we’ll see if I keep my breast

I cannot believe I have had such a terrible time getting this right breast to heal. My left breast was the one that had the cancer in it, and because cancer attacked twenty years ago, the doctor decided I should have this one taken off also. It is rebelling saying,  “Damn it, I didn’t need to come off, so I am screaming and pitching a fit.”

Dr. Chris Robinson will tell me tomorrow, April 29, 9am, if I must have the expander removed from my breast to let it heal from within. I pray I don’t!! I would have to start all over again. The pain would be more than I could handle. I just might get some really good gel boobs and ‘call it’.

We will see what happens. It is not in my hands. God has this all in His hands. Just like what is going to happen with Ray’s business. Lord knows, he won’t talk to me about it.

Patience is what I am learning!

Double Masectomy

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I would have had such a terrible time with my breast getting well. Sometimes I think the thing is going to fall off. I am going to go back today, April 24, 2013, to have fluid drawn off. February 7th was my surgery date and twice I have gone through surgery for corrections.

I do hope and pray today, when I go to the doctor, he doesn’t want me to go into the hospital. If he does, I will, and Denise will have to bring Ray home and get someone to come sit with him. She will have to come stay with me. I think they will just have me on an IV Drip with antibiotics to knock this out.

Please Lord, let this be all I need!



Ray’s Open Heart Surgery

I hate to not be able to give you an exact time, but the nurses at the hospital said they didn’t think his surgery would be until Tuesday morning, because of the different things they had not completed. He still has to have his pulmonary test, another blood test for his Plavix and aspirin, and a couple of others.

If you want to talk to Ray, before he goes into surgery, you can call him @ 770-688-5493. He will be in CICU for a couple of days, then out in a room for a couple of days, then hopefully home.

They don’t keep you long, unless you are this ‘sick’. His blood pressure was great today. I forgot to tell, his left carotid artery was also blocked, but they are not going to try to fix that at this time. They found it yesterday.

If any other changes happen, I will let you know.